0123456789 æøßÆØ &!?$¢£€ (.,:;)
Historical Art Deco typestyle finds new legs as a Revival
Artisinal, not to be confused with the term artisanal, is our revival of the Art Deco typeface known as Cubist Bold, by John W. Zimmerman for Barnhardt Bros. & Spindler in 1929, breathes new life into a classic. The original metal cast typeface was designed without a lowercase, as well as some wedge serif capitals that made for not always perfect pairings.
We’ve created a lowercase that blends well with the original design to give the typeface more usability. A fully sans version of the capitals is the default set, and we’ve moved the original wedge serif capital styles to a contextual alternates feature. Stylistic alternates for lowercase characters like the u and y and their accented styles have also been created.
Artisinal comes with some features for customisation options:
- Full set of Inferiors and Superiors for limitless fractions.
- A Standard lining figure set.
- A SmallCaps feature just to mix things up a little.
- A collection of basic f Ligatures.
- Stylistic Alternates for variations of several characters such as u and y.
- Contextual Alternates for the original wedge variations of capitals that will mix in where appropriate.
Approx. 448 Character Glyph Set: Artisinal comes with a glyphset that includes standard & punctuation, international language support, and additional features.